New PHEV software released

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tlongdon said:
Daft question :oops:

I attempted to use the pre-heat function this morning, for the first time.
Set the timers on the phone, and loaded them to the car yesterday. Checked the MMCS screen, and noticed the "off" was light blue on the days I'd set the timer. I assume this light-blue is "on"?

...the reason I ask... got in the car this morning, 15 minutes after the warming up was supposed to begin (I'd set the timer to 20 minutes). And... nothing. Absolutely freezing still.

Just to make sure I"ve set the timers right, could someone confirm that when OFF is highlighted in light blue, that means 'ON'?

thanks

Sounds like you setup the Timers and send the schedule to the car - but did you go back to the Home Screen and enable A/C Timer control?

I haven't downloaded the new app yet - does anyone know whether it fixed the bug where the preheat wouldn't work if you had timing chargers set even if the preheat time was within the charging time? Think it was avensys that first alerted us to this issue ages ago...
thanks
H

Hypermiler said:
I haven't downloaded the new app yet - does anyone know whether it fixed the bug where the preheat wouldn't work if you had timing chargers set even if the preheat time was within the charging time? Think it was avensys that first alerted us to this issue ages ago...
thanks
H
Hi,
The bug you mention isn't fixed and there is a doubt that Mitsubishi will ever fix it. I'm pushing for a better answer though. The actual bug doesn't stop the preheat from working, just stops any power coming from mains, so preheat energy just comes entirely from battery.
Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
Hypermiler said:
thanks
H
Hi,
The bug you mention isn't fixed and there is a doubt that Mitsubishi will ever fix it. I'm pushing for a better answer though. The actual bug doesn't stop the preheat from working, just stops any power coming from mains, so preheat energy just comes entirely from battery.
Kind regards,
Mark

I suspect that this would be a more fundamental firmware issue requiring a workshop fix - the things that we can update are all in the MMCS.

maby said:
avensys said:
Hypermiler said:
thanks
H
Hi,
Kind regards,
Mark

I suspect that this would be a more fundamental firmware issue requiring a workshop fix - the things that we can update are all in the MMCS.

I have a model with electric heater and remote control but not the MMCS. From my understanding the "remote software" has it's own control box in the car. It's the software for this box that we are updating. The MMCS is just displaying the information, much the same as the andorid or iOS app.

Back