Parking Sensors - front and rear

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwcltd

I'd had my Ruby Black GX4h for a week when it was clear that the camera system did not completely negate the need for parking sensors so asked the Mitsubishi dealer if they could be retrofitted.

Having read the handbook and initially thought there would be no way of having them fitted, I was pleasantly surprised that they could do it so booked it in. On the day I was slightly surprised to be told that fitting would be contracted out to a local fitter, so asked the salesman if it would be a fully guaranteed Mitsubishi accessory. I should have asked if it would be exactly the same as described in the handbook, because clearly it isn't. There's no switch and no screen display which augments the rather weak beeping noise as you approach an obstacle.

I feel that it would have been nice to be told that this accessory - which cost me £480 - would not have the switch or the display of the proper Mitsubishi fitting. Clearly if I have a towbar fitted, there's no way of changing the set up (using the switch) to change the detection pattern. I am therefore a bit disappointed.

To justify the cost, the salesman also implied that the fittings would have to be colour co-ordinated which made me think the sensors would come in new bumpers which would have to be sprayed. Clearly this was my misunderstanding. The sensors appear to be just drilled into the existing bumpers.

I'd welcome any comments from anyone. I feel let down by Mitsubishi. Am I wrong??

I fitted a set of rear sensors to my current car. Cost me £15 and 2 hours of work.

You paid dealer prices for a 3rd party fitment. I would not be happy.

The rear sensors fitted a standard to the gx3h are not the same as the ones in the handbook. They are aftermarket ones, presumably fitted at Portbury docks when they come into the country.

Back