Review by the Irish Times

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukeinlondon

Quite positive but seem to pick fair points as well

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/outlander-charges-into-hybrid-market-1.1866869

I think this is one of the more realistic reviews I've read having lived with the car for a month. They say the interior is not up to the quality of other cars at this price level (Ireland is more expensive than UK) but I find it is good enough. More important is that it seems to be screwed togethor well enough- no rattles, and thats more important to me than soft touch everywhere.

I agree theres too much info available but you can ignore as much as you wish, in fact, I've given up trying to work out mpg! Now, if only I could strangle the trans-gender satnav voice (or, now shes gone, replace him/her with tomtom's Jane who I realise I've been in love with for so long).

Fair review but not detailed enough. There are much better/in-depth reviews both on negative and positive side.
I wonder if Mitsubishi has different suspension settings for different markets. The vehicles we have down in Australia definitely has a very firm suspension and it is the only feature of the car that I hate. Because, even though front seems to handle irregularities (which we have plenty in Sydney) on the road surface better, rear suspension is too jittery and crashes on even small holes & bumps and disturbs a very pleasant drive otherwise.
Also the navigator voice is a relatively pleasant female one but you can't turn it down, it is too loud.

ufo said:
Fair review but not detailed enough. There are much better/in-depth reviews both on negative and positive side.
I wonder if Mitsubishi has different suspension settings for different markets. The vehicles we have down in Australia definitely has a very firm suspension and it is the only feature of the car that I hate. Because, even though front seems to handle irregularities (which we have plenty in Sydney) on the road surface better, rear suspension is too jittery and crashes on even small holes & bumps and disturbs a very pleasant drive otherwise.
Also the navigator voice is a relatively pleasant female one but you can't turn it down, it is too loud.
Or you have extremely potholed roads down under. Over here the reviewers deem the ride comfortable and I would agree. Of course a heavy SUV will always be more firm than the average American highway cruiser.

Back