Options poor for G3h model?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warkman

Hi there, I'm new here, but not new to Mitsu range (I used to have a Shogun 3ltr petrol beast)
I am looking at my options for whe I change my car in June.
The Outlander PHEV G3h is on the list (along with the diesel G3h)

We are allowed to add options to the car, but the base spec cannot go up, so for example, I can have a G3h with extras, but not a G4h

Looking at the spec I am surprised on the lack of options on the g3h, the brochure talks about heated seats, sat nav, electric tailgate, iPhone app for heating/cooling car etc, but these are only available on the G4h.

They are not available as options on G3h, the only option is leather faced seats, BUT with no heated seats! Very cold in the winter without the heater element in the seat!

I'm quite disappointed TBH, no DAB, no sat nav, no heated seats, no pre heat/cool, no rear electric tailgate.

Im not sure the MPG (As I get my petrol paid for) is worth the lack of spec , as I can get for example a Skoda Superb estate 170BHP 4X4 in Elegance trim, or the V70 Buisness edition, both with sat nav and options to add.

Looking for reasons why the G3h is worth going for. (Mileage is under 10,000 miles per year)

Hi

Have a look at the specs for the other 2 options and see if anything is somthing you must have.

The heater will use either petrol or battery unless it's used while plugged in.

If you start the engine, the heater is hot in minutes.

The sat nav is probably no better than removable units and not as good as many.

The reversing camera seems to have it's issues, it takes a while to initiate, by which time you are late for work, plus no audible warning before you hit the gate post.

The lane departure in mine is activated by paying attention, same with the collision avoidance. Again members quite often switch off to stop the constant beeping.

Had sun roofs before and can't remember ever driving with one open.

Pressing the little button on the boot releases it and it opens itself, most members seem annoyed by slow operation and loud warning beep.

Leather would be nice, but the cloth is fine.

Personaly think the screen in the middle may be a distraction, but would be a good pose for passengers.

Having said that I think everyone will quite rightly love what they have got.

Best mpg 146, overall average on 5500 miles just under 70! What's not to love.

Cheers

Chris

PS If you get Black get a good chamois or mirofibre cloth and dry as soon as rinsed.

Assuming this is a company car then the BIK rate of 5% surely must have a level of attraction as it will probably save you around £200 per month NETT.

I've got a GX3h and the only things I really saw on the 4h and 4hs that I would have liked was

Electric pre-heat
DAB radio
Adaptive Cruise Control

No need for sunroof, leather or Navigation (I can use my phone for that), lane departure, collision warning, heated seats and I'm capable of opening the boot myself.

Fuel economy is very dependent on the pattern of usage. We average around 52mpg. You will only get the very high figures if your usage is almost exclusively short journeys with recharging between them.

I agree with the others on this. I was going to get a Superb myself (needed the carrying capacity as the family taxi/removals service :eek: ) but as I also do less than 10,000 & most of my day to day journeys are all electric the PHEV gives me the best of both worlds. I think the "money" decision will be based on your pattern of travel, i.e. how much will be EV and whether you get the BIK saving - I don't, but it still costs in for me.

As far as the whistles & bells are concerned, only you can decide if the "missing" features are deal breakers. As mentioned above many of them seem more trouble than they are worth but I have to say I don't miss them on my Gx3h. The closest I get, is not having the electric heater even when using the ICE to provide heat over the last week or so (mainly longer high speed journeys) it only fires up intermittently when the heater coil temp drops too low so this isn't the fuel penalty it would seem and the purchase cost saving adds up to a lot of petrol :D

I'm really happy with my GX3h. I did add, leather seats, DAB radio with sat nav and rear camera. I also got the rear parking sensors which are so much better than the camera could ever be.

Like others have posted I don't need a motor to open the tailgate or preheated seats and as for Wi-Fi and trying to update software forget it; that's what the dealer is for. I just enjoy driving the car.

The protection pack is a bit useless as an upgrade and my bumper is already scratched where my dog jumps in and out.

To explain the need for powered tailgate, I am disabled and it's quite a useful additional, as is heated seats

Hi Warkman,

I had a Superb Elegance before the outlander, its a great car.

There are a few things I found a bit basic on the outlander compared to what is a well loaded Skoda.

I too get my fuel paid for, aside from tax on personal mileage, but I wanted something a little different, a little cleaner, my daily commute is 12 miles so easily within the EV range, even in winter.

I've done 1200 miles on one tank of fuel so far and very happy the GX4, I did really want heated seats, the app / heater, DAB and sat nav.

BTW I could get a better price on an Audi A6 S Line than I could a Superb back in October, you need to haggle a bit though :)

Back