What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out that the car is apparently slightly wider at the back than the front :eek:

Stuck in a typical Sarf Lundun traffic jam at Vauxhall, I managed to squeeze the front past a van up to the door mirror. Folded it flat and assumed I was OK to drive on but no - rear wheel arch caught the van's back step :oops: Needless to say no damage to the van but now a trip to the dealer to fix the dent :cry: Oh well, they can also deal with the scraped paint from when I brushed a pillar in the u/g car park at work :roll:

Wife not best pleased but was able to point out it was on the half of the car I had bought :lol:

I recently drove a loop from Lake Bala to Lake Vyrnwy (North Wales) and back over the Hirnant pass and the Hellfire pass.
Great drive with fantastic views.
Plenty of regeneration on the downhill bits!

Took the car to work (Fleet Street) again on Friday, charging pillar at Temple place still out of action despite lengthy 'phone call to Pod Point (now running Source London) but 4 hours free parking :D Moved later to Dury Lane charge point which was working (fortunately as I was out of charge by then) for another 4 hours free parking AND free charge :D :D Able to then drive home on EV with the AC running full blast with impunity :D :D :D

PHEV's here, PHEV's there, PHEV's anywhere. Stop buying them as its no longer special for the rest of us!!! :lol: they are everywhere. some going slow, some going fast. A lot more White ones, always a lot of Blue ones, quite a few Black ones.

Did a trip out to Cambridge and back yesterday and lost count how many seen. Mind you not as common as those overpriced tart wagons, the Evoque yet. :roll:

I drove to work for the first time (after a completely screwy London Congestion Charge exemption application). Went the normal satnav recommended route that started out 30 mins and turned into an hour in the traffic (for 9 miles) - as I expected. Will in future be doing my twisty turny back road routes that I know so much better in the future.

Fun fun :)

PeterGalbavy said:
I drove to work for the first time (after a completely screwy London Congestion Charge exemption application). Went the normal satnav recommended route that started out 30 mins and turned into an hour in the traffic (for 9 miles) - as I expected. Will in future be doing my twisty turny back road routes that I know so much better in the future.

Fun fun :)

The other day I went into London, its depressing when you hit the edge and your sat nav (if its got live traffic planning) says 8 miles to go, 1 hour! (that turned into 1.5 hours).

I wasn't sure if I had hit the congestion zone as I missed my intended bridge as no one would let me change lane (welcome to London) and I went 1 bridge too far and the 'C' signs are small and get lost in all the street clutter councils so love to adorn the streets with. Bizarrely the Congestion charge website wont tell you if you went in or not! but will let you pay regardless. Fortunately my sat nav tracks me to a website so was able to confirm I had and paid it.

As its rare for me its not worth registering as its still a tenner each year and I would have the hassle of getting the reg. document off the lease company.

Long time ago I used to work in the field in mostly central London site visits and knew it well, but its an inhospitable place for drivers these days.

BobEngineer said:
PeterGalbavy said:
As its rare for me its not worth registering as its still a tenner each year and I would have the hassle of getting the reg. document off the lease company.

My lease company (Lex) e-mailed me a copy of the V5C (which I had to "print" from a BMP to a PDF) and I scanned the CC form and e-mailed both the cclondon@ and voila! Sort of :)

PeterGalbavy said:
BobEngineer said:
PeterGalbavy said:

My lease company (Lex) e-mailed me a copy of the V5C (which I had to "print" from a BMP to a PDF) and I scanned the CC form and e-mailed both the cclondon@ and voila! Sort of :)

Ah well I am also Lex so maybe I will do that. :idea:

Yesterday took my car for its first service, 12500 @ 6 months. Dealer was friendly and helpful. The courtesy car, a 3 cyl Colt was a hoot although my feet were tired after a 120 miles with all that gear changing, clutch pressing and handbrake holding..its exhausting! The PHEV felt like a Rolls Royce afterwards.

It was like PHEV city, and even during the time I was there I saw a constant stream of people looking at and playing with the demo PHEV out back. Must be a car salesmen's dream machine.

My car was handed back in good time but it wasn't washed, vacuum'd or even charged which was a first for me (apart from the charging of course), every other brand and dealer I have had (many) always give the car a clean. Honda even did a mini valet with a proper alloy wheel clean and tyre dress as part of it. There was no report sheet left either, another first. The car drove same as ever, the book was stamped and the service light cleared. Overall I would rate the service 6.5 out of 10.

Yesterday parked in the NCP car park behind Guy's Hospital in London and was immediately challenged by the attendant shouting "Oi! You can't park there - electric cars only". He then realised his mistake as the silence sunk in - no engine noise :oops: .

Apparently he had never seen an EV/Hybrid as large as the Outlander and had assumed an SUV must be diesel. I suppose it is understandable, as there were 3 EV Ford Focus cars (one charging) on the same floor - all branded GO in large green letters on the side.

Also on Tuesday managed to beat the BYD taxi to the Rapid charger at Heston Services, which enable me to do the whole round trip from home, office, Heathrow & back with no petrol used :mrgreen:

A big white silent PHEV was an obvious choice of a wedding car to drive guests to and from Chester town hall last weekend. It looked rather nice with ribbons and bows on it.
NB trying to actually get to the town hall whilst navigating the one way system and closed pedestrian areas was a challenge.

david1972 said:
Filled her up today for the first time in 2 months - just the 245mpg from that tank :D

Did you really "fill " her up? With this kind of usage, why carry all that expensive weight around with you for another 2 months? :lol:

greendwarf said:
david1972 said:
Filled her up today for the first time in 2 months - just the 245mpg from that tank :D

Did you really "fill " her up? With this kind of usage, why carry all that expensive weight around with you for another 2 months? :lol:

To full, yes...£30 worth.

The last 2 months have been an anomaly as the Mrs normally drives it to and from work, but been off after an operation so I've been using it for school runs hence the figs. She's back from September :D

Hi All, Just had my Glacier Blue PHEV annual service, 8,438 miles on the clock, last put petrol in on the 13th June, done 1,038 miles so far and have quarter of a tank left.
Whilst the service was being done, a power socket was fitted in the boot and a Mio MiVUE 538D dash cam fitted on the windscreen. I chose the 538D as it has a Speed camera warning. I'm still enjoying the nice comfortable quiet drive, it certainly has changed the way I drive.
Regards
Col.

You probably need to take it on a trip then as you need to fill it up with at least 15 litres of fuel every 3 months, otherwise it starts the engine automatically to maintain the fuel system.

Back