Engine coming on prematurely

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markincanada

Hi... recent issue and wondering if anyone can shed some light on it. We have had the 2019 Outlander for about 3 months now and it has worked seamlessly until the past couple days. It has always run the battery down to zero then it would bring on the engine. Yesterday, the engine came on and started to charge the battery with 2km left and today it did the same thing with 7km left. I thought there might be a load on it so I turned off the AC and the radio. Today I even switched on the EV mode and the engine still continued to charge the battery. On the display, it showed power going to the battery and then the battery running the wheels. We have not seen this even on the hottest of days so I don't thing running the AC had anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark

When was the last time you put petrol into it? You need 15 litres every 3 months otherwise the ICE burns it off. :idea:

Just a couple weeks ago but I did not think of that. Today it ran as normal. I guess I will monitor it to see if it happens again. Thanks.

Good evening, this week the same thing is happening, the engine starts in EV mode for no apparent reason, it is not old gasoline, the temperature is not cold. (20° centigrade), I don't accelerate quickly, I don't know what's going on. Did you find a solution to your problem?

Hi... recent issue and wondering if anyone can shed some light on it. We have had the 2019 Outlander for about 3 months now and it has worked seamlessly until the past couple days. It has always run the battery down to zero then it would bring on the engine. Yesterday, the engine came on and started to charge the battery with 2km left and today it did the same thing with 7km left. I thought there might be a load on it so I turned off the AC and the radio. Today I even switched on the EV mode and the engine still continued to charge the battery. On the display, it showed power going to the battery and then the battery running the wheels. We have not seen this even on the hottest of days so I don't thing running the AC had anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks, Mark
The engine once started will run until it gets up to operating temperature. This prevents excessive moisture from contaminating the oil.

Back